The ERA 2018 27th AGM was held on 9th June 2018 at the Damansara Jaya Resiednts & Owners Association (DJROA). A total of 51 members attended the AGM.
Before the AGM began, Mr. Francis Tan, an ERA member gave a one hour talk on `How to be harmony in yourself’ and `How to overcome depression’.
The outgoing President, Datin Paduka Yong Dai Ying called the meeting to order at 1.10pm and welcomed all present, in particular the ERA Advisor, Tan Sri Dato’ Soong Siew Hoong and Immediate Past President, Dato’ Dr. Ong Eng Long.
Mr. Soo Cheong Futt was the Election Chairman. The new office bearers elected for 2018-2021 trem are as follows :
|• President||Mr. Lye Fook Keong (Roger)|
|• Vice President||Mr. Wong Lian Kee|
|• Honorary Secretary||Dr. Mooi Wah Kian|
|• Honorary Assistant Secretary||Ms Foo Seau An (June)|
|• Honorary Treasurer||Ms Toh Bee Ling|
|• Honorary Assistant Treasurer||Ms Chew Geok Neo (Pansy)|
|Committee Members||1. Mr. Cheong Soon Hock (Allen)|
|2. Mr. Tan Kim Hai|
|3. Mr. Lee Hock Chye|
|4. Mr. Yale Wong Yah Loo|
|5. Mr. Ariffin Buranudeen|
|6. Mr. Prame Kumar Nair|
|7. Mr. Tan Yoke Chun (Francis)|
|Honorary Auditors||Mr. Ong Song Howe
Mr. Tan Teik Ching
The existing eight (8) Sub-Committees are maintained and are headed by the new Sub-Committe Heads as below :-
- Training, Advisory Consulting (TAC). Leader – Mr Lee Hock Chye
- Biomass Business Focus Group. Leader -Mr Tan Kim Hai
- Food & Beverages. Leader – Mr. Lam Ah.Chye
- Urban Roof-top & Vertical Farming. Leader – Mr Yale Wong
- Leisure, Health & Nature. Leader – Mr. Allen Cheong
- Factory & Institutional Visit. Leader – Mr Andy Oh
- Investment & Business Promotion (IBPC). Leader – Tan Sri Dato’ Soong
- Senior Magazine. Leader – Mr Cheah Tuck Wing
As provided under the ERA Constitution, an Advisory Panel was set-up and the following as Advisors are appointed ;-:
- Tan Sri Dato’ Soong Siew Hoong
- Dato’ Dr Ong Eng Long
The President thanked all the members, in particular Tan Sri Dato’ Soong and Mr Ng Koon Kow for their active involvement in making the AGM a success.
The new President Mr. Roger Lye adjourned the AGM at 2.30pm.