Time flies! As I recall, I assumed the Presidency in 2012, a year after ERA celebrated its Silver Jubilee Anniversary. This time around, we are celebrating its 30th Anniversary on November 13, 2016. Another five years have gone by and we are gearing up for the next five years.
First thing first, thank you for re-electing me as the President for the third term (2016 – 2017). I want to express my grateful thanks to ERA members for their confidence and faith in re-electing me to serve as your President for another two years. It is indeed an honor, pride and a privilege to serve ERA and its valued members.
The next few years will be critical for ERA as it continues to grow, expand and rejuvenate itself. Luckily I have a strong team of experienced and young new blood members. I warmly welcome all, both elected and co-opted board members to the ERA Board for the term 2016-2017. Thank you for your willingness to contribute your precious time and commitment to serve ERA. We are in this ERA journey together as an extended family.
Secondly, a quick recap. Year 2015 was a year of great growth in terms of membership and expansion of activities that provide the impetus for ERA to move forward into 2016 and beyond. เท 2015 we successfully recruited a total of 64 new members, surpassing the 60 we recruited in the previous 3 years (2012 – 2014). The membership growth continues in 2016. At the same time, under the guidance of Tan Sri Dato’ Soong Siew Hoong, ERA Adviser, we have established new initiatives / groups / units that will be the major thrusts in 2017 and beyond:
- The Biomass Focus Group headed By Mr. Tan Kim Hai,
- The Urban Farming Group (URVFA: Urban, Rooftop & Vertical Farming Association) headed by Mr. Jeff Kong,
- Investment & Business Promotion Committee (IBPC) headed by our beloved Tan รท Dato’ Soong,
- Training Advisory Consultancy Committee (TAC) headed by Mr. Lee Hock Chye,
- ERA HRD Hub Committee (EHH) headed by Mr. Allen Cheong,
- ERA as a member of MSPC (Malaysia Service Providers Confederation), opens doors for its ERA members (SMEs) to bid for services that are offered under MSPC,
- We have set up an ERA Foundation Fund to receive donations from ERA members. Tan Sri Dato’ Soong, Mr. Allen Cheong, Mr. Ong Song Howe and Mr. Lim Kim Leong have donated RMI.OOO each into the Fund, now stands at RM4,000. We welcome and appeal for generous donations into the Fund by ERA members and the public. The ultimate intention is to officially register the ERA Foundation Fund when its fund snowballs to a large sum.
Thirdly, we planned to establish an ERA Secretariat Office with an Administrator.
เท conclusion, I urge all Board Members to serve this beloved ERA organization mindfully, physically and soulfully. At the same time, I also urge all ERA members to give us their support and active participation in the ERA activities we have planned for you.
Blessings of happiness, good health and abundance to all beloved ERA Members.
Datin Paduka Yong Dai Ying, D.S.I.S.
President 2016 – 2017
Expertise Resource Association (ERA)